Software Engineering Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for professionals, academics, and students working within the systems development life cycle.
If you have a question about...
- Software development methods and practices
- Requirements, architecture, and design
- Quality assurance and testing
- Configuration management, build, release, and deployment
...then you're probably in the right place to ask your question.
Some questions, even if they appear to fit into one of the above categories, may still be off-topic:
- Explaining, writing or debugging code
- Providing support for tools or products
- Product or service recommendations, including tools, libraries or packages, programming languages, books, scholarly papers, tutorials, articles, or blogs
- Career or education advice
- Questions asking "What is the best way" without providing any criteria for evaluating what is best.
- Legal advice
Before asking a question, be sure check out our guidance for what not to ask and our tips for asking a good question. You should also look around to see if your question has been asked before. Questions that don't meet our community guidelines may be put on hold by the community, pending improvement.
If your question isn't on-topic here, it may be on topic for another site in the Stack Exchange network. We maintain a list of sites on the Stack Exchange network that may be of interest to visitors and community members. If no site currently exists, Area51 is the staging area for new site proposals.
For more details, please see our curated FAQ on our Meta site.