Post Made Community Wiki
1
source | link

In my opinion, I also think that there is some exaggeration. However, I have found that even when I met 75% of the requirement, that I may have gotten a pre-screen call but when I was honest about the other 25% I didn't get another call back.

If you are finding that you are constantly missing the requirements then maybe you should look into expanding your knowledge base on your own. Create a simple application on your own and put it on your resume. I have found the greatest asset on my resume was my personal projects (even if they were small).

Just my 2 cents.