I'd like to note your experience of full scale IDEs on Linux.
I personally work mostly with
vim, however other programmers would like
to see a real IDE. So I'd like to hear your personal opinion about different
IDEs and comparison between them, in following context:
- C++ and maybe some C development (not Java, Python and other stuff)
- Server side programming (no need for GUI development)
- Working on Linux not "cross-platform" development.
Opinion needed regard:
- How stable is it? If IDE crashes I don't need it.
- Comfortable to use.
- Powerful for debugging.
- Integration with various build systems
- Scalability over huge projects (projects of hundreds thousands of lines of code)
I used to work with KDevelop and it was very nice IDE and seems that KDevelop 4 is a huge progress. It seems also that many rather use Netbeans and Eclipse.