First of all, I know there is no perfect answer to my question. It is a bit personnal, but I'm sure many programmers face the same dilemma when they get from regular desktop applications to client/server web applications: what is the "best" language/framework to use? There are a lot of great solutions out there, all having more or less the same advantages and features. So, I would like an advice based on my needs and background.
- the server sends a recordset of the whole datebase's cards ID/hash matches to the client
- the client "scans" his card with his webcam and creates a hash
- the client searches for a match between this hash and the ones in the recordset
- the client returns the best match to the server
- the server displays information of the card from the database
My objectives :
- limit (if possible) the need for the user to install 3rd party software (flash, java, activex or other plugins)
- create a solution that integrates well in a Windows/Apache/PHP environnement
- create a solution that is, ideally, cross-platform
- using a language/framework combination on which it's simple to write, debug and maintain code
Any thoughts? Thanks!