From what I understand,
- HTML is a mark-up language, so is the content of XAML, XIB and whatever Android uses and other native UI development frameworks.
- There are MVC/MVVM patterns available in form frameworks like Sencha's, Angular etc.
- We have localStorage in form of both sqlite and key-value store as other frameworks have and you have API specification for almost everything that it missing.
- Whenever a native UI frameworks has to render UI , it has to parse a similar the markup and render the UI.
- What stops from doing the same in HTML and JS itself ?
- Instead of having a web-control or browser as a layer in between why can't HTML(along with CSS) and JS be made to perform the same way ?
- Even if there is a layer,so does .net runtime and JVM are in other cases where C++,C are not being used.
So the Question is,
Even if current implementations aren't as good, but theoretically is it possible to get HTML5 based applications to work as other native apps specially on mobile ?