I've been developing for 6-7 years but never in a particularly agile way. With the latest project I'm trying to make our development process more professional, and more agile.
We're using Pivotal Tracker to track the project and have gathered some pretty well thought out stories. We're also trying to keep some of our (Prince2/Waterfall mindset) project managers happy.
So far I've got them to accept that
- requirements always change
- priorities always change
- some of the requirements won't be delivered if you fix the time scale
- you should fix the time scale
- short sprints and regular review is good
However they still feel like they need to get a better grip of roughly how much will be delivered within a certain time.
I've come up with a spreadsheet to demonstrate what we might expect to get done in a range of 4 different timescales.
- Are we setting ourselves up to fail
- Are there better ways to do this