I am working on a project for school, where I have to analyze the performances of a few fixed-priority servers algorithms (polling server, deferrable server, priority exchange) using a simulator in the case of hybrid scheduling, where we have both hard periodic tasks and soft aperiodic tasks.
In my model I consider that:
- the hard tasks have a period equal to their deadline, with a known worst case execution time (wcet). The actual execution time could be smaller than the wcet.
- the soft tasks have a known wcet and random interarrival times. The actual execution time could be smaller than the wcet.
In order to test those algorithms I need realistic case studies. For this reason I'm digging in the scientific literature but I am facing different problems:
- Sometimes I find a list of hard tasks with wcet, but it is not specified how the soft tasks parameters are found.
- Given the wcet of a task, how can I model its actual execution time? This means, what random distribution should I use considering the wcet?
- How can I model the random interarrival times of soft aperiodic tasks?