I've been doing PHP for 4 years now. 2 years at school and 2 years at work. But I feel like I'm stagnating. Here are some things that I currently know about PHP:
- Basics (variables, control structures, arrays, loops, sessions, cookies, file manipulation)
- Database Integration (MySQL)
- OOP - I only know of the basics (creating classes, inheritance, objects, private, public and protected class variables)
- A few frameworks (CodeIgniter, Laravel)
- PHPUnit (Assertions)
- Templating (Smarty)
- Using PHP with AJAX
- Building Wordpress plugins
- API Integration
That's pretty much it. My question is what's next? What do I do to level up my skills as a PHP developer. What are the things that you can recommend that I would do in order to improve (Books, tutorials, etc.). What other PHP tools you can recommend that I should try and use.
Thanks in advance!