we have to migrate a very old project that are having more than 500 web forms and 400 tables and it is hugely depends on stored procedures, the current specification is:
- Asp.Net : .NET version 1.1
- language: VB
- uses 2 Tier architecture (UI and business(includes DataAccess also))
- xml is used to pass the data between UI and Biz layer
- For data access sql queries and stored procedures are used that fetch data as dataset.
- Finance related domain.
- Asp.net 4.0 with c#
- MVC 3 or 4
Now my questions are
- Is it possible to implement mvc only for UI layer, if possible then how to use current business layer? Also we don't have class and properties because it uses xml to pass data, also we have to use same legacy database.
- We don't want to use Entity framework, because of performance, legacy database(not properly designed), uses more than 700 stored procedure.
- how to create model i.e Domain level or project level because my solution contains 14 projects?
- Is it possible to implement Repository pattern in separate layer?