I am creating , a site like gsmarena , can any one help me with database design to store mobile specifications like here "http://www.gsmarena.com/asus_padfone_infinity_lite-6120.php" as user can add more custom specification ,
closed as too broad by gnat, World Engineer Apr 20 '14 at 19:27
Please edit the question to limit it to a specific problem with enough detail to identify an adequate answer. Avoid asking multiple distinct questions at once. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.
You can have Phone table where you store phone. Create two another attributes and sub-attribute tables.
Attribute Table will look like below:
- AttributeId (PK, auto generated int is recommended)
- PhoneId (FK to Phone tablet, not null)
- AttributeKey (String, not null - text like "DISPLAY" "DATA" etc.)
- AttributeValue (string, null)
SubAttribute Table will look like below:
- SubAttributeId (PK, auto generated int is recommended)
- AttributeId (FK to Attribute tablet, not null)
- SubAttributeKey (String, not null - text like "Dimensions" "Size" etc.)
- SubAttributeValue (string, null)