- Have a system that holds some objects
- Have a winforms-form that displays some key values of these objects
- When certain changes occur(object gets add / removed / datat change): Update GUI
- subscribe my form to events in the objects
- update form when objects chamge (/raise events)
- winforms (for good reasons) does not allow for changes coming from foreign threads
- an eventHandler is in fact run in the thread of the object calling
- hence .net throws an exception and I'm done.
Is there a way to manipulate a form through events not raised by itself?
Is there a way I can "nudge" my form to say "hey, better check your data, there's something new", without having to constantly poll?