Studying about OOAD I've found a simple workflow based on five steps. I don't work with a team, so what I'm interested in is a workflow that can be used by a developer working alone. The workflow I found is:
- Gather requirements for the application
- Describe the application with use cases
- Based on the use cases identify the main objects
- Identify the relationships between the objects found
- Write a class diagram
Now, there are two things about this workflow that makes me a little confused: first it seems oversimplified, and second it seems to deal only with the domain layer, but I'm not sure.
So, my questions are:
- Is this workflow ok, or is it oversimplified?
- If that's the case, which more information could be added to it in order to make it more clear the way to proceed from the requirements all the way to the class diagram?
- Am I right in that this is all about the domain model?
- When we do OOAD do we include on the model and on the class diagrams other classes that might be needed to connect the domain model to the technologies? Or on this step we are just concerned with modeling the domain of the application?