I am fairly experienced with web design and programming, C, C++ and a little java (used it to build some small GUI).
I am trying to work with Python, and I am faced with some technical structuring issues.
Here is a description of what I want to do
1. I want to build a standalone application that will be deployed in a company with several computers connected over a local network.
2. The application is to communicate with a database. (One database shared by applications in all computers)
3. Only one of the computers will have the database installed (more like client server relationship in web)
So here is my question
1. Can the application be written in such a way that when it is installed on a new computer, it installs the database(mysql or sqlite etc) without the need to first install database?
2. And is it possible that the content of the database can only be seen by the application?
3. I am a little bit not sure if the structure as described above is the best way to go. Please advice me on this.
I would be glad if pointed to a literature online on structuring standalone applications.
Thank you for the help