I am searching for an article on the net which I can't find anymore. It was describing an algorithm to rank web pages. I am trying to remember the name of this algorithm or technique.
The principle was the following:
- Each page is given a credit of 10 at the beginning.
- Each page is assigned a weight/probability by dividing its credit by the sum of all credits assigned to all pages.
- A subset of pages is selected randomly using to their weight/probability.
- This subset is displayed to users.
- Each time a user clicks on a page, its credit is increased by one. So preferred pages get more credit.
- Operation 2. was repeated to update weights/probabilities.