I am certified scrum master but never practiced until tomorrow when I have been appointed as a SCRUM Master to a pilot initiative in the company to implement SCRUM in a team of non-software and non project but daily activity. I let you imagine all the politics around this decision.
the work will start on 1st of Aug and the product owner has set up a meeting tomorrow to create the product backlog with me and another person which will not be part of the team.
- who should propose the structure of the product backlog tomorrow (me or the PO)
- should we create directly user stories with the Product owner?
- I have a one hour meeting and in my understanding I need more than that? what is your suggestion on how to proceed?
I know all the theory but I miss the very practical steps to start.
thanks for your help :)
here couple of more info:
- department: product development (non IT products)
- team: 7 people
- Product owner: is the manager of the department (the 7 people in the team are his team)
- Scrum Master: I do not belong to the team nor to the department, I am working as staff function
- beginning of the work: 1st of August (but as you see in the question the PO wants to create the product backlog with me tomorrow (45 days in advance)
- company: 100 years old, 25k employees, always used Waterfall methodology only 3-4 SCRUM initiatives ongoing in small IT projects (budget less than 500k €)