Recently, I was asked to help with some side optimization project at our company, I've made some good research. I'm still not 100% sure if this is most efficient way to do this.
- Scraping for over a dozen different information from a internal system ( website ) and passing them into Microsoft Office document template.
- Website is working only in IE 9
- System does not have any API / web services
- This will be used at more than 100 different workstations
- On workstations, there is only IE 9, no FF or Chrome allowed
- Getting acceptance for installation any software except default Windows tools on workstations is almost impossible
It is working, but I'm not really sure that this approach is the best one.
We have tried some different solutions, nodejs server, Selenium, some other web scrapers, but they all seem to have some limitations.