I`ve built a simple but yet effective delphi-7 application that solves sudoku puzzles, and a keygen that produces a unique serial key for each PC. My purpose is not to make money, I want to understand the methods of commercial uses of an application at its simplest form.
I have zero knowledge and experience about licensing. I googled internet for methods of "pay 1$ and receive the serial key by email", however there is no clear information about this, sometimes they explain what kind of licenses there are (GNU etc.), but I do not know how to use them. I need simple instructions, explanations or methods.
When user presses the menu "Register" on the solver, the second form is created, and the user sees the product ID of the application and a windows where purchased serial key should be entered.
- I`m going to set the price for a key as 1$ in this experiment, therefore it is assumed that I will not make enough profit (if any), therefore costly external services are not my case. (Nevertheless, any information is welcomed)
- The Product ID of the app is produced using CPU_ID of the clients machine. Therefore, user must be warned that the purchased key will not work if CPU of the PC is replaced. (Warning can be placed as a check near the register button)
- Do I have to produce individual terms of agreement for this program?
- Do I have to submit my .exe file for approval in somewhere in order to be able to sell it?
- What is the least costly method to distribute keys to clients?
- Is there something I dont understand or do wrong?
- Is there a way to automate billing and key distribution?