I want to check group of algorithms which has up to 8 input options. The native idea would be to check all possibilities via brute force. How can I reduce it without leaving out required combinations?
Since I do not know it better I'm using multiple loops which ends in worst case in a
To give a hint what that inputs are:
- Data point count (by default 28 but can be 14-70 or anything else > 5)
- Date (s relative day index based on the data points)
- Preferences (limited to 3)
- Temperature (limited to 34-38°C in 0.05 steps)
- A marker on a day (limited to the possible values from the data points)
I have multiple algorithms which have all the same interface, but some concrete algorithm just uses some fields and not all. However should I need to check those other cases too since the algorithm might been updated and the test was forgotten for some reasons?
Do you have some best practices how to check algorithm?