I'm creating images with centered text. I use Python but I'm faced with many question regarding how to write my
I know that
A class must aim to do one thing and do it well.
Well, the one thing I want to do with this class is
print centered text on a background image but I think I need help to really understand this since I have many questions:
- Should I write a class that have a method to create the background image?
- Should I have another method in the same class to put the text centered on the background image?
- And when do I save the image to disk? Should I have another method to save the image?
If I'm correct, my class will look like this:
# -*- coding: utf-8 -*- class CreateImage(): def create_background(self): print("Creating background") def print_text_image(self, text): print("Printing the following text on Image: ") print(text) def save(self, destination): print("Saving the image on disk on: ") print(destination) my_object = CreateImage() my_object.print_text_image("Hello World!") my_object.save("Images/my_images") ~
It does look fine to me. But the thing is that the
print_text_image method has to many responsibilities:
- Calculate how much pixels on the image we can use (width*height)
- Calculate how much pixels the text is going to use and if doesn't fit we reduce the font-size until it fits (trial&error)
- Calculate margins and finally print the text on the image in a centered way
Looks to me that we can use at least one more method on my
- A method to calculate if the font size (text) is small enough to fit in the image (return true or false)
But I'm not sure. I do want to have a good design in my class because later I will use this class as a base for other classes (for example, another class will paste other images into the image that
In definitive, what would be your design for this class? I will really appreciate if you take the time to help me understand this. Thank you so much in advance.