We are 4 developers working on a PHP-mySQL web project. Currently we work together as described below: All project files except DB is hosted at GitHub
- All project files except DB is hosted at GitHub
- DB is on our production server
- We have local web server and php installed and working locally, connection to DB is remote. So database is in sync always.
- Each developer pulls from GitHub, then pushes his changes to GitHub
- Server pulls from GitHub to update the website
The problems we've faced so far is
- Pulling from GitHub on the server is either manual or done by cron job. Which I don't feel it's the right choice.
- Because our local machines use remote mySQL connection, we encounter time outs in executing queries.
So I don't know what would be a better approach for our situation?