simple question, I want to know if there's a word/term used to describe the collection/pair of a key and value in a C# Dictionary.

1 Answer 1


This is known, simply, as a Key-Value Pair. You can see it when iterating over a Dictionary with foreach - each resulting object in the loop is of type KeyValuePair<K,V>.

  • Awesome, this is what I was looking for. Thank you very much.
    – Bojangles
    May 9, 2016 at 4:28

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.