- I have modified a lot a software that in under Affero GPL.
- I have contributed back what made sense, as it has a completely different direction.
- I plan to build a SaaS around it and charge money for its use.
- The code is public, with both copyright notices in the LICENSE file: mine and the originals.
- In our terms and conditions we say the product is licensed under Affero GPL.
- A service contract with our customers needs to be put in place.
After reading half internet about GPL and the full text of the license five times, I still have questions:
- Do I need to mention in the service contract that the product is under AGPL license? Or in the terms and conditions is enough?
- Do I need to mention in the terms and conditions or in the service contract the original Copyright notices of some part of the code?
- Can I put in my landing page "Copyright 2015 BLABLA"? Or I am forced to add also the copyright of the original contributors?
I'm getting in touch with a lawyer and I will put his answers here, but just in case someone have experience in this matter.