I have an external ecommerce link that varies based based on environment (testing and production systems).
Where should it go in Rails?
- a conditional directly in the template, on the button (not a good solution, IMO)
- database (though there's no model for this so it would be a specific case possibly over-generalized)
- application.rb (which I believe is not recommended for this purpose)
- environment-specific application configs
- view helper
- YAML file
- (external) environment variable
Where would this typically go in Rails?
Some of these keep the template clean, but put a very specific case far away from the place it's used.