Consider this data struture:

key1 : value1
key2 : value2
key3 : value3

I have an operation that put this data in array format:

key1, value1, key2, value2, key3, value3

Which would the the name of this operation?

As far as I know, "collate" would be the opposite process, and "vectorize" would be about putting the data in a single column, not a single row.

  • 2
    "convert dictionary to list" – thepacker Jul 25 '16 at 11:15
  • 1
    The term "transpose" means you change the direction of an array. Perhaps this is what you are looking for – John Kouraklis Jul 25 '16 at 17:05
  • @JohnKouraklis, "pivot" is similar – user2023861 Jul 25 '16 at 17:24

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.