I have an open-source project which requires me to create mathematical models to compute some things. I have to analyze some data to decide which model works well and determine the range of errors produced by the model.
I want to document this analysis, but I don't want to put it directly in the code because:
- It can be lengthy.
- It does not fit into any class or method.
- Because of 2., it would be hard to find it later.
- There are tables and even images. Also proper typesetting is going to be helpful.
I am looking for the most appropriate format for the design documentation. I've thought of a few options:
- docx: Requires proprietary software to edit it.
- html: Need to know html syntax to edit the document.
Are there any better formats for writing design documents ?