I am setting up Vagrant with multiple developers using ScotchBox (v2.5) in our workplace, I have got the initial vagrantfile working ok however I'm unsure of how best to handle Database migrations.
We essentially have two sites :-
- Frontend site (AngularJS 1.x)
- Backend site (Zend 1.x - PHP/MySQL)
Colleagues will occasionally edit the database (add/remove columns etc..) I have used migration tools with Yii & Laravel in the past, but those tools aren't available as I'm using the old Zend Framework.
In a nutshell, I am looking for a solution that will allow all of my colleagues to be able to do the following:
- Use some form of database migration tool (supporting MySQL) to add/edit/remove tables and columns
- Push these 'migrations' into a git repo that we can all access
- Each developer can then run a 'git pull' on that repo and retrieve any migrations found
- They run a single command via the SSH terminal and this updates the DB structure within the Vagrant box
Can anyone confirm if this is possible within a Virtual Machine, and if so what is the best way to go about this