I am currently working as functional tester. I have been assigned to do web services testing for a project. The test strategy is something like this:
- our company is switching vendors who provide a service by accessing data in our company's system
- the new vendor should be able to search for a particular data in our system through web service call, which is to be tested in QA environment.
- I should use SOAPUI to test this: to send a request and validate the response.
My questions are as follows:
- I know we can generate test cases in SOAPUI, but how to write test cases for web services testing in a document? (like the way we document functional tests)
- Is there a way where we can call our company's QA url into SOAPUI and pass required input and check for desired output? Or it should be done only by passing a WSDL file into SOAPUI and give input and get desired output?
- Based on the above info, please explain where I should start and how the process should flow till finish.