I apologize in advance if the question is not directly involved in programming but I could not find a forum of programmers who deal with general questions.
I am developing a cross-organization application. For a person that has no programming knowledge at all, the final product looks fairly simple - a desktop application with a business dashboard.
But the App is much more complicated than that.
- the database is "fed" by users who use the application (a lot of forms to enter validated data).
- all company structure objects are modular and must be flexible to all changes in the company units hierarchy.
- business logic is very complicated - there are complex parameters to show like sales or revenue goals that are affected by multiple parameters and calculations.
- GUI must be good-looking and good UX design is a must, including a lot of multithreading stuff, also because its Winform platform, there are not many libraries to use so i am writing all the graphics and animation by myself.
- a lot of other stuff like connecting to company AD, modules that print data to excel files, bugs, QA, memory and efficiency issues..you know the business..
I am developing the project by myself including the environment of servers, communication to all users IPs etc.. I believe I am an agile programmer but as you know development takes time...
ok after all that heart-rending story here is my question:
My manager doesn't have any programming knowledge and she thinks that I am taking time and not working hard enough.
I tried to explain her why it's taking time, why I should not hardcode a program in order to reduce development time, how structures are translated to OOP objects and the time it consumes.
But she wouldn't understand and thinks I am not telling her the truth about the real development time needed.
Please give me advice, how can I explain all of that to a layman in plain English?