I am trying to encrypt a password for my school project. Here is the process:
- Let's assume that I have a string
ncharacters long) which contains the password.
- The program reverses the string and stores it in string
- It takes each character of
r, applies the XOR operator and stores it in string
- Next time the user wants to access the file, she will be asked to enter the password. The entered password will go through the process explained above and will be compared to string
- If both are not equal, access will be denied.
How many combinations it will take a computer to brute force it, in order to show if it is effective?
The assignment prevents me from using any third-party libraries such as bcrypt.