I have the following scenario:
- Joe is working on the
- Richard is working in another
- Their company has a
qa.myapp.comenvironment where testers work.
- Joe pushes code to Github repo. Build passes.
qa.myapp.comis updated with the new Joe's branch, so testers can test his work.
- Richard also pushed his branch. Build passes and
qa.myapp.comis now updated with Richard's feature branch. Testers can now work, but they can't test the Joe's work.
Is there a way to create a "test-url" for each one of the feature branches above for QA team using "Continuous whatever" tools out there? If so, what is the term I should search for?
Basically what I want is to have several active Q.A. urls.
- feature-xx.qa.myapp.com < containing only code for feature xx
- feature-yy.qa.myapp.com < containing only code for feature xx
- qa.myapp.com < containing bugfixes.
Both testing url/environments should be generated after the build passes. So once QA approves the features those URLs should be gone.
Sometimes one developer is working on a bug fix and needs the it to be tested. But sometimes another developer is working in a feature and also wants it to be tested at the same time and they don't want to wait for the QA machine to be free to test his feature.
I think using Docker + Containers is the way to go.