Suppose the following scenario:
- A new design for a specific page is required.
- I create a new branch for that design.
- I implement the design, and merge back into the master branch.
- Time goes by and new features is added, and so on...
- Management wants to revert that page to the old design -_-
As per my understanding of Git. The old feature is now history. I cannot revert the whole project to the commit where the old feature was there.
How can I restore the old feature? Can I branch from an old commit, then merge only specific files? How to do that using Git, instead of considering the old design a new one?
Edit: Ah, I messed up my phrasing here on "old feature is now history. I cannot revert the whole project...". Of course I can revert (that's the point of a SCM anyway); I meant I cannot do this business-wise; as the new features would be lost.