3It depends on what you are trying to accomplish– AntoJan 12, 2011 at 6:15
yeah thats right @Anto.– Harish KurupJan 12, 2011 at 6:19
6Which language is best to write a good novel? English? Spanish? French?– Abimaran KugathasanJan 12, 2011 at 6:25
@Abimaran it depends upon which language you Know or comfortable with. yeah i got the point. because you can do the same thing with Ruby, Python, Java or PHP...but depends upon what you know the best.– Harish KurupJan 12, 2011 at 6:34
As others have pointed out, it is impossible to give a definitive answer to your question.
To determine what is best in a particular situation you should look at
- What are the important requirements for the site?
- Response times?
- Concurrent users needing to be handled?
- What are your developers' skill sets?
- How will the site be hosted?
- Do you have to work with an existing code base?
- Personal preference of the developers/management etc (Not everyone works the same, hence langauge benefits will vary from person to person)
- Skills available in the current job market
- Many more...
The language someone will use will depend on how the questions above are answered.
mcGrath yeah definitely..it depends upon the need of the project. Jan 12, 2011 at 6:37
3and in some cases the alignment of the moon :) Jan 12, 2011 at 6:39
we cannot say Python is the best language for web over PHP or Ruby, Java, etc...because it depends on the conditions and requirements of project. Jan 12, 2011 at 6:41
It depends on the language you really like.
ActionScript 3 (flash, flex)