For my software engineering project I will be creating software to automate tasks.
In my project management module I have been asked to describe and evaluate how I can met all the specific goals for Verification in CMMI Version 1.3.
By looking at Wikipedia I can see what is outlined for Verification as:
The purpose of Verification (VER) is to ensure that selected work products meet their specified requirements.
Specific Practices by Goal
SG 1 Prepare for Verification
- SP 1.1 Select Work Products for Verification
- SP 1.2 Establish the Verification Environment
- SP 1.3 Establish Verification Procedures and Criteria
SG 2 Perform Peer Reviews
- SP 2.1 Prepare for Peer Reviews
- SP 2.2 Conduct Peer Reviews
- SP 2.3 Analyze Peer Review Data
SG 3 Verify Selected Work Products
- SP 3.1 Perform Verification
- SP 3.2 Analyze Verification Results
My thought process:
To meet SG 1, I think I need to select a method to carry out verification method. In the case of software I think Unit testing and Code Review is sufficient. This should meet SP 1.1.
To meet SP 1.2 I will need to state what I will be using to carry out these methods. E.g. a unit test library for unit testing and a checklist for the code review.
To meet SP 1.3 I will need to outline specifics of how these methods in SP 1.2 will actually be used (the procedure).
Before I go any further does it look like I am on the right track here? Or am I getting the wrong idea?