Stock options don't make much sense, since the company's private. [It still does, if you are a facebook of sorts AND the regulatory system permits sites like secondmarket, but I digress.]
I could think of some:
- Health benefits to parents and parents-in-laws
- Sponsoring a fuel-saving bike to drive to office
- Gift cards for occasions like completion of 1, 3, 5 years of service
I really could do with more suggestions here.
EDIT: Thanks everyone for the response. To summarize, here are the additional things my HR could do:
- Matching contribution to employee retirement fund provided the employee contributes
- Funding continuing education, professional courses etc.
- Company subscription to ACM, IEEE, Safari Books etc.
- Meal vouchers
- Membership to gyms
- Hosting a recreation room at office
- Spot bonuses
- Time off for code spikes in recognition of individual contribution
health benefitsare paid for, they aren't really liquidable, nor can they be traded, and thus aren't financial.