I'm an experienced JS developer and I've been involved in front-end development for multiple web applications. I've developed a couple of custom JS components to suit the project. I'm currently tasked with building a tree component for an Angular app on the Ionic platform.
My questions are:
- What are the key differences between regular JS UI components and Angular UI components?
- When building UI components for Angular, is the rendering handled by Angular's templating system or am I allowed to modify the DOM directly using jQuery?
- How will an Angular UI compo be instantiated and initialized?
- Can the user add a line in the template which triggers initialization of the component?
- Any key differences in the layouting/rendering pipeline when building Angular components?