Let us say I am working on a project with maybe 100 nuget packages installed and 50 of these packages require an update.
I would ike to get a clear overview on which package updates cause any problems. I was thinking of something like this but any other ideas are welcome:
- Foreach nuget package installed
- Check if it needs to be updated
- Update and remember version
- Build solution, if succes goto 5, if failure goto 6
- Run unit tests if succes goto 7, if failure goto 6
- Restore package to old version and output which step failed and corresponding error message.
- Update was succesful :)
So is there a nuget api or some way I could do this?
I came across powershell already with which you can update a single nuget package programmatically but I cannot think of a way to find all nuget packages installed and iterate through them while checking for errors etc.