I am trying to extract some core functionality out of my main application code, that doesn't change very often (e.g. logging, utils etc.).
Our current Situation:
- A dev branch with all code in it.
- A lot of release branches, that were branched from the dev branch
So what I though about:
- Create a new Core-branch for my core functionality and (maybe) release branches for it aswell.
What are my questions? Basically I lack of an idea for a working architecture, that doesnt make me more work than I already have:
- Do I need releases for my Core functionality aswell? I don't think there is another way around, because I need to be able to create hotfixes for them aswell, is there?
- How do I manage references? It would be a bit annoying to fix nuget references for main app release xyz to point to the right "core nuget xyz" every time I branch a new main app release.
I found this question, it is very similar, but doesn't go in any details and doesnt satisfy all my questions for now. Best practices for developing NuGet package alongside consumer?
I hope it's okay that I started this follow up questions. I hope, there are some people here that have already made some experience with a similar situation