I need to work on android mobile push notification. I have recently gone through some of the tutorial on google. I would like to summarize the my understanding first
- Developer registers the app with play store and get some unique code called
- Once the end user downloads the application from store and login(or register) the application, his/her device_id is sent to to GCM(google cloud messaging service(hosted on google cloud) and GCM generate the unique token for that device and sent back to app on device.
- App on device send back that token to back end app server which keep the device_token_gcm along with user details
- Now whenever back end need to send the notification to mobile user, first it will send to GCM along with device_token_gcm which GCM will forwards to mobile user.
Is that correct ?
- What if user is offline, will GCM keep it with itself somewhere in queue ?
- I believe GCM keeps the device_id with itself and generate the unique token which is sent to back end app server. So back end application has unique token not device_id ?