One of the requirement, in the complaint management system were are designing, is to implement complete history of the ticket. For example
- Status was changed (new to pending to work in progres to done)
- Ticket was assigned from one person to another
- Ticket need extra details
- Address was changed on the ticket
- Description of the complaint was changed
These are some of the main one and each one has corresponding field in the table. I am not sure how to go about implementing history of a ticket. Ideally I want to show what was changed, rather than show entire row, every time ticket was updated. What is the best way to do it. Should I focus on just few fields or there is a way that can implement audit log on the entire table. Note I have looked at mysql audit but I am not exactly sure if that is the right solution.