I get it for feature branches:
- A feature branch is created from
- One single PR is then created, going to
- If there are conflicts, fix them in the feature branch.
Concerning "multi-destination branches" though, like release or hotfix branches, how are conflicts supposed to be resolved? Say for example with a hotfix branch:
- A hotfix branch is created from
- Question: two PRs are created, one going to
master, and one going to
- Then, question: what if there are conflicts? For example, the branch does not conflict with
master, but it does with
develop: where to resolve them? Do we need two distinct branches so that
masterdoesn't receive the conflict resolutions that were needed for
Boss level: a hotfix branch when a release branch is ongoing. Does this case need three PRs: to
develop and the release branch?