I try to understand what cohesion means when designing modules. Myers states in his book "Composite structured design":
An informational-strength module has the following definition:
- It contains multiple entry points.
- Each entry point performs a single specific function.
- All of the functions are related by a concept, data structure, or resource that is hidden within the module.
I am not sure to fully understand this definition:
- what is an entry points of the module?
- what is multiple entry points for a module?
- has a SQL class containing 4 methods:
retentive()informational cohesion or functional cohesion?
- what would be a practical example for a class having informational cohesion?