I will be working on a Flask Rest API and I don't know where to deploy my Flask app depending on number of the active users.
This is my use case;
My customer has an Oracle DB for their hospital and wants a mobile application to make easier getting appointments for their users. For this purpose I will create a Flask Rest API between their Oracle DB and their mobile app.
Here is some info about the Rest API;
- will approximately have 10-15 endpoints for CRUD operations.
- will NOT have a web socket connection.
- Most of the endpoints are HTTP GET requests.
- In some of the endpoints API needs to return images through a GET request.
- At a guess there will be 1500 active users per day (I guess is it going to be less).
My first question is How can I choose a platform to deploy this API? Should I choose a serverless solution like AWS Lambda or should I choose Heroku, Aws Lightsail, EC2 etc.? Let's say I will deploy my app on Lightsail how can I choose the memory, cpu etc. depending on number of users?
My second question is Flask a good option for my use case?
Since this is my first profesional work I've not experienced how to choose a platform to deploy.