As a self learner I've found the
kivy binding action (mainly in
python) a bit confusing. I've seen in many source code (of kivy/ kivymd) and/or examples in kivy that some of the properties are bounded to a callback in the constructor, while others are not (though used in those callback). My queries are:
- Do I need to bind every created (or, custom) or provided (by kivy) properties to a callback (whenever needed to keep updated) ?
- In any case which is the better option, bind or fbind ?
- Does scheduling a callback have any advantages (particularly during widget creation)?
My corresponding assumptions are:
- Only bind those properties that are inter-related or inter-dependent along with those used for canvas drawing. Rest will be managed or updated internally by kivy.
- Almost results in the same thing (except depends on the implicit or explicit naming)
- As per Kivy-doc widget creation is relatively slow, that's why scheduling is necessary.
I have not found any descriptive, informative article on this so far. I need your proper, informative, thorough guidance, thank you.