Software documentation is written text that accompanies computer software. It explains how the software operates, how to install it, how to use it, and other resources for help.
Software documentation is written text that accompanies computer software. It either explains how it operates or how to use it, and may mean different things to people in different roles.
- Requirements: statements that identify attributes, capabilities, characteristics, or qualities of a system. This is the foundation for what shall be or has been implemented.
- Architecture/Design: an overview of the software. It includes relations to an environment and construction principles to be used in design of software components.
- Technical: documentation of the code, algorithms, interfaces, and APIs.
- End User: manuals and online help for the end-user, system administrators, and support staff.
- Marketing: how to market the product, style guides, and analysis of the market demand.