Estimation is the process of finding an estimate, or approximation, which is a value that is usable for some purpose even if input data may be incomplete, uncertain, or unstable.
- Agile Estimating and Planning by Mike Cohn (2005)
- Estimating Software Costs: Bringing Realism to Estimating, 2nd Edition (2007) by Capers Jones
- Software Cost Estimation with COCOMO II (2000)
- Software Engineering Economics by Barry Boehm (1981)
- Software Estimation: Demystifying the Black Art by Steve McConnell (2006)