All of the snippets of code I post are dedicated to the Public Domain and thus not affected by copyright of any kind. You have my full permission to use them in any fitting way.
Testability is everything, SOLID is one of the greatest things to come to OOP, turning software development into a passionate game of doing it the right way.
Favourite programming literature
- Patterns of Enterprise Application Architecture by Martin Fowler
- Continuous Integration by Paul M. Duvall
- Enterprise Integration Patterns by Gregor Hohpe
- Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship by Uncle Bob
- Domain-Driven Design: Tackling Complexity in the Heart of Software by Eric Evans
All of the books above provide an outlook on either software development or integration in terms of reusable principles, which are not limited to specific languages.
In its core, all OO languages are pretty much the same, only the syntax is different - some languages are a bit harder to grasp, but once you learn how to correctly make software in Java, you should have close to none issues to move to a different OO language, such as C#.
When working with people, I prefer to collaborate with those who know the general approach, rather than being limited to the syntax of their language of choice.